Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Final Project: Artist Statement



My photographs are based on songs of different genres that have their own moods. I used colors to describe these moods as well as lines/patterns. In some of the pictures I left the background open and able to see while in others I completely colored it. I chose to work in color to try and get out of my comfort zone and experiment with Photoshop and post-processing. John Baldessari influenced me to edit the images the way I did because he was known for his appropriation of pictures and use of color. Music itself influenced me as well because that’s what these photos are based on. Overall, I made these photos to express the emotion that music gives out and how it can make you feel a certain way about your environment or about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment